Beata's Holistic Perspective
This comprehensive therapeutic program to prevent and treat osteoporosis is the result of my 25 years of experience as an advanced Sivananda Yoga teacher as well as my background as a Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor. Designed to be used by yoga teachers, medical professionals, and holistic practitioners, it reflects my approach to yoga therapy for osteoporosis, based on the teachings of my guru, Swami Vishnudevananda, including his philosophy of the Five Points of Yoga. This holistic approach uses the BEST Assessment, an innovative measure that I designed as a guidepost to plan and develop goals for gaining balance, endurance and strength. This program includes therapeutic yoga classes for healthy aging, yoga for osteoporosis and preventative yoga for maintaining bones strong enough to age without concerns. I also teach professional trainings for yoga teachers, holistic therapists, and others involved in the treatment of osteoporosis.
The good news for those suffering from osteopenia or osteoporosis is that you can easily take charge of your life by utilizing the tools offered in my program, which will help you discover the innate healing power of your body. From my home at Shanti Vana, I host personalized retreats that offer the optimal opportunity for personal growth and healing. We practice yoga and meditation, prepare healthy Ayurvedic foods and learn how to relax. After my professional assessment, I will design a personalized preventive and treatment strategy for your journey to optimum health. My strategy includes combining Yoga Therapy, wholesome Ayurvedic nutrition, and relaxation and meditation as taught in the Five Points of Yoga which can produce tangible results in your Bone Mass Density, strength, flexibility, and overall health and wellbeing. Nature provides a great selection of tools and a wealth of nutrients to encourage your bones' growth and healing without the high cost of supplements and side-effects of pharmacology. I also offer courses, both for those affected by osteoporosis and for professionals: yoga teachers to ensure their students are safe, and at a certificate level for therapists working with people with osteoporosis. My personalized consultations offer preventive techniques and a treatment plan, all designed to ensure a stronger, healthier you!
- E-RYT 500
- Honors graduate in recreation therapy Canadore College, Ontario, Canada
- Post-graduate training at Sunnybrook Health Science Center Hospital in Toronto, Canada, facilitating a Yoga for Fall Prevention program
- American Institute of Vedic Studies, Ayurvedic Healing Course for Health Professionals
- Advanced Sivananda Yoga Teacher (for 25 years), teaching each winter at the Sivananda Bahamas Ashram, including Yoga for Osteoporosis Teacher Training
- Therapeutic Recreation of Ontario member and conference presenter (TRO)
- International Association of Yoga Therapists member (IAYT)
- Yoga Mind and Body therapeutic centre - since 1998 - director
- OsteOMTherapy - since 2009 - founder